Thank you to my wonderful mother for spending the afternoon with me.
Cameron won't stop eating it.
So the recipe can be found HERE. I like it because you don't have to physically knead the dough....the mixer does it for you!! We used the vital wheat gluten instead of the high gluten bread flour.
Now that I learned how to use the wheat grinder, I'm going to use whole wheat flour to make pizza dough and tortillas as well. I feel so domestic....and it gives me an excuse to wear my cute aprons more often!!





10 comments:
What recipe did you use? The only reason I still buy bread is because I have yet to make homemade bread that is the same texture as sandwich bread. Homemade bread is always more crumbly and a bit drier...Any thoughts?
Hi Erin, I don't know you and I'm homemaking challenged but I do know that there are ways to tweak recipes to achieve a different bread texture. Check out Food Networks site. I bet Alton Brown has some good tips.
And Becca, I was going to say mmm . . . bread! I love homemade bread.
I love homemade bread. But I only ever do it in the breadmaker because I am lazy/terrified to take on that large of a project. Maybe someday! You should share your recipe:)
Yeah, this recipe is awesome....makes a bunch of small loaves, and we just throw them in the freezer and eat them two at a time. It stays soft and moist...YUM! Next week I will attempt to bake it without any help....we'll see how it turns out! But this recipe is GREAT. Its' from the Bosch store....both my wheat grinder and my mixer are Bosch. I'll add the recipe to the post for you.
I'll give it a try! Thanks Becky!
Looks delicious. Well done!!!!
I wear an apron every time I cook. I feel domestic, too. :)
I love being at andrea's when she makes wheat bread! I bet your house smelled so yummy!
You rock, Becca! I love baking bread and your batch is impressive...I can almost smell them from here.
yummy, that bread looks sooo good! it made me forget whatever else i was going to comment on! ;)
I love to make bread! I'm glad you learned how, it's really fun and so much better than the store bought stuff!!!
Post a Comment