Friday, May 7, 2010

My Inspirations

With Mother's Day approaching, I wanted to do a post for and about a few
Mothers Who Inspire Me

1. Casey (see her blog here)
I've never met Casey in person.  But I love her dearly.  We would be great friends if we lived near each other.  Casey, you inspire me.  Your children and husband are first in your life, and it shows.  You are creative and always thinking of ways to teach and enlighten your adorable children.  They are lucky to have been sent to you & Blake, and I'm pretty sure they know that!!  I can't wait for the day when we meet and can talk motherhood while Jack & Cam play trains and while Lainey & Allie play dolls.  I look at your family and hope that my family will end up like that.  Thank you.

2. Nie
The lessons to be learned from this woman are endless.  But what has touched me the most is her recent quotes about how "motherhood is a privilege".  I try to not get out of bed in the morning until that thought is at the front of my mind...and I try to keep it in my thoughts as I mother my children and maintain my home.

3. Lindsay (see her blog here)
We are cousins and grew up together in Oregon.  Not only is she one of the most hilarious people to hang out with ever....Lindsay is a brilliant photographer and more of a great example of motherhood to me than she'll ever know.  The oldest two of her adorable children have autism.  Lindsay, I look up to you so so much.  Your gorgeous children could not have been sent to a better home.  Thank you for showing me what kind of mother I should really be.  Patience, optimism, pure love....those are the qualities that you radiate...and the qualities I seem to fall short on.  I am grateful to have you in my life to follow and learn from.

***
Thank you to my own mother and to Nate's mother.  Thank you both for raising the two of us in homes with high standards and where we felt safe and loved.  Every child deserves that, and we are doing our best with Cameron and Allison to pass along what we grew up with.  We love you so much!

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Oh my goodness! To be mentioned in such company......I am flattered!

And, as I've said before.....you inspire me as well. I love this crazy blogland we live in. I, too, cannot wait until we can meet and chat (for hours, no doubt!) as the little ones play!