Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brothers

The moment Cam grew out of babyhood and into a little boy, I knew I wanted him to have a brother.  He's 100% boy, and I think he needs a brother to play ball and cars and trains with.  But no worries that he only has a little sister for now...because his best friend, Logan, is his brother in every sense of the word.  These two are peas in a pod.  They share a brain.  They dress alike, act alike, talk alike, think alike, they potty-trained themselves within weeks of each other, they fight, they hug, they tattle on each other, they defend each other....

Kristi & I just shake our heads at what the two of them come up with.  If we turn our heads for 2 seconds, the two of them are likely to have figured out some crazy scene.  Yesterday they each had on one rollerblade, goggles, bike helmets...and were stumbling across the grass in perfect unison.  Hilarious.  They both have a bike, a scooter, Thomas trains, Cars, and a strong ability to push their mothers' buttons!  Kristi & I call them our "crazy boys."  They play together every day.  They go to Sunbeams and preschool together, and if they both get in, they'll be in the same Headstart class in the Fall.  We fear for their teacher...they will have their hands full!!  Their newest thing is to call each other on the phone.  The conversations are hilarious....they're such little adults.  Kristi will be here a year longer than us, and we already dread the day when we move out and these two little dudes have to say goodbye.

(Cam went through a phase where he wore Nate's old glasses everywhere he went!)

One of those moments where we turned our backs and found them riding the Skeeter together.

Vedging out

With some of the court friends, Cam loves having endless buddies on hand to play with every day!
L-R: William, Eric, Logan, Tanner, Cameron, Alex, Kanani

Watching the construction trucks

First day of preschool, August 2009
Logan, Kaleb, Cameron
Beautiful boys.

Last day of preschool, May 2010
Kaleb, Logan, Cameron

Cameron, I hope you will always remember your childhood bff, Logan.  I'm so glad you have someone to run around with and be all boy with! 

Pictures all courtesy of Kristi...thank you for the memories!!  And really, don't even get me started on Kristi...I suppose our boys are similar because their mothers are like sisters!  I love spending every day with Kristi.  We are alike in so many ways:  Same age, both served missions (she went to Brazil), we both met our hubbies in the mission field, our kids are the same ages almost down to the month (except she has two boys), we both play piano, we are visiting teaching companions, we both like to run, and probably the most hilarious and enteraining of all, we both are a little too obsessed with Disney tween romance.  Don't ask.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

You are very lucky to have such good friends. It is so hard to say good bye. Cam is one good looking little dude.

starnes family said...

Tween romance! Hilarious.

Beautiful boys indeed. They look like great pals!

DeAnn said...

I'm glad you are so happy there!