I asked him where he learned that, and he said, "That's what Troy says." Sweet, right on! So I explained that boys are 'sirs' and girls are 'ma'ms'. I told him that it is very respectful and polite of him to talk like that, and that he is welcome to say that anytime he wants!
So last night when I asked him to bring me his cup, his precious little voice called out, "Yes, Ma'm!!"
I love it. Bring on the South, my boy is ready.
***
Our August issue of the Ensign arrived the other day, and I immediately retreated to my bed to indulge.
I have been thinking a lot about raising my children and making my home a safe haven where they can readily feel the love of their Heavenly Father. It's not an easy task. But more than anything, I want my children to succeed in developing a rock solid testimony of the Gospel and know that their Savior lives. No matter what worldly influences they encounter, I want them to know that their purpose and worth in this life is more than what the world will have them think.
President Boyd K. Packer wrote a wonderful article in this issue, and one paragraph of it hit me hard when I read it. I decided to make one line of it as our new family motto. I will read this to the children daily, and as they get older and can read, I want to place it where they will see it often.
"You live in an interesting generation, when trials will be constant in your life. Learn to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. It is to be a shield and a protection and a teacher for you. Never be ashamed or embarrassed about the doctrines of the gospel or about the standards we teach in the Church. You always, if you are faithful in the Church, will be much different from the world at large." - President Boyd K. Packer
Cameron and Allison, it is a privilege to be much different from the world. Stay close to your parents, each other, and especially the Savior. Keep your standards high, and continue to open the scriptures and pray daily. You will always be safe, peaceful and happy in this life. And we will be an eternal family. Daddy & I know this is true.




2 comments:
Beautiful.
Love the southern speak, too......we're from Texas originally and I went to school in Louisiana.....so it's in my blood. And, we raise our kids to say "ma'am" and "sir", too! People in the Midwest think we're nuts. (for more than this reason, I'm sure)
You are so awesome! This post brought tears to my eyes!
Post a Comment