The Lord has a plan for this family. I let my knowledge and vision of that plan waver a little last week, and that's why I was so overcome with fear of man. The Lord let me struggle to regain my footing, and I'm grateful for that because now my knowledge is even more sure than it was before. What a wonderful gift and blessing.
Last week I was reading a talk from October's General Conference. In one of the talks, this scripture was shared, and as I read it, I was filled with peace, and it was one of the many things that helped lift me back up. In this verse, the Lord gives a powerful promise to Joseph Smith (and in turn, all of us, His children). It says, "Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." - Doctrine & Covenants 123: 17.
I have been letting this verse run through my head over and over for several days now. Nate and I still don't know the Lord's exact plan for our family, even though we are literally begging the Lord every day for some guidance and direction. Our answers might come next week or they might come next year. We don't know, and that doesn't matter. We just know they will come. The Lord WILL cause miracles to happen on our behalf. We know He will. That's what we DO know. Because really, they are already happening. Miracles. Every single day, all around us. I see it in these 2 faces every day.





6 comments:
you have such an inspiring testimony!
Sometimes we don't recognize blessings until long afterward. Hang in there.
I'm sorry Becca. This post is very inspiring. Remember that you are loved!
Those pics are SO great! I think exciting things are ahead for you. (And I'll be watching from my computer chair...)
One day you're going to look back on all this and shake your head...I know He lives and He watches over your sweet family because of your faith. You just wait and see the windows of Heaven pour out on you. Your kids are gorgeous! Hang in there.
I'm sorry it's been so tough. I hope the answers come sooner rather than later!
Post a Comment