Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Forever Family

Today is a very exciting today for the Wood Family.

Kamie & Alex are going to the temple for the first time.  And while there, they will be sealed together and to their little handsome Ari as an eternal family.  Together for time and all eternity.  Any children they bring into the world from now on will automatically be sealed to them as well.  What a beautiful blessing!

This little family has been on an amazing journey the past 6 months to get to this point.  It has been wonderful to watch their faith in Christ grow and solidify into a firm testimony and desire to go to the temple.  The Book of Mormon was a major key in this journey because it is real.  It is true.  It produced this miracle. 

Life is no longer just a day-to-day experience for this family.  Now it has real purpose.  Real direction.  Real hope.  An eternal goal that will make every day worth it.  Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only thing that will bring families to the temple, thus allowing them to remain together after death.

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know these things are true.  I know Christ lives and loves each of us.  The Book of Mormon is true.  I invite everyone to please open this book and just read.  Like I've promised before, it'll change your life in miraculous ways...just like it did for this family.

(I hope she doesn't mind, but you can read some of Kamie's beautiful thoughts on the Book of Mormon and temples here and here.)




5 comments:

aunt marie said...

It was a beautiful day and talk about the spirit! It is so wonderful to watch your daughters dreams become a reality...no feeling like it in the world!

Becca Jane said...

I can't imagine how you were feeling, Marie!! Thanks for sharing your special family day with us, it was such a wonderful experience to be a part of! Love you guys!!

Kamie said...

Thanks Becca! You and your testimony really played a huge roll in MY testimony. I love you and am so grateful that you were able to be there. I know we didn't get to talk at all, but I just want to make sure you know how much it meant to me. I am so grateful for you and Nate. Thanks for everything!

starnes family said...

What a beautiful family!

DeAnn said...

What a happy day for a beautiful family!