Monday, April 25, 2011

The Heart of Life is Good

Well, it's time for a little change to the blog title.  Four Red Chairs has served it's purposes well for our family journal and graces the cover/binding of my 2010 book.  But 2011 brings a little 3rd bundle of newborn goodness to our family, so four is no longer our family number (Cam always says, "Mom, pretty soon our family will be five!!").

Welcome to "Heart of Life".  I've actually been wanting to use this John Mayer lyric for awhile now.  It's such a beautiful song. 

"Pain throws your heart to the ground.
Love turns the whole thing around.
No, it won't all go the way it should,
But I know the heart of life is good."

As sappy as it sounds, Nate showing up on my doorstep for our first date was really him picking my heart up off of the ground and turning my life around.  It was supposed to be a casual mission-buddy hangout...but we were engaged 6 weeks later, and my life had truly turned around for forever.  Sometimes I look at my beautiful family life and still shake my head at how everything has turned out.  My family truly is the heart of my life, and I love them so so much.

3 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

Love, love, love, love, love that song. LOVE IT.

DeAnn said...

My favorite John Mayer song!

LilPrecious said...

I obviously need to read how you guys met and fell in love and all that jazz because I had no idea you were engaged only six weeks after your first date!! WOW!! God is amazing isn't he???