Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sick Day

Lingering Utah winter snowy weather = Lingering sick bugs = Annoying!!

Here is what "Mom is sick today" means at the Wood home:

*The television is on from approximately 7 am until 7 pm.  So are the computers.

*Cameron pours water all over the kitchen floor and drives his cars through it...which is fine with me because that's about the only cleaning that's been going on around here so far this week.

*I drop Cameron off at school wearing Nate's t-shirt and under-eye black mascara smudges....avoid all eye contact with his teachers/fellow parents as I kiss the top of Cam's head goodbye.

*Roo wears no pants all day.

*My ever-pressing library, bank, dry cleaning & wal-mart errands get pushed back another day.  Again.

*Roo and I snuggle on the sofa listening to the hailstorm while we wait to go pick up Cam.  She can't breathe through her nose, I can't turn my head cuz my throat hurts.  We're a sad pair.

*I text Nate and tell him to come home from work early and cook some tomato soup.  So he is.  I love him (and his boss).

*I spend lots of time thinking about my baby and his/her name and start my early mental checklist of things to slowly start stocking up on (diapers, nursing pads) and things I need to buy (onesies if it's a girl, socks if it's a boy, burp cloths, binkies) and things to do this summer (set up new bassinet bouncer, wash/organize clothes, school shopping for Cam).

*I read through blog entries from a few years ago and can't believe how fast time flies and how big my babies are getting.



5 comments:

The Full Nelson said...

feel better!

Let the party begin... said...

That girl of yours is just too sweet! Hope you all feel better soon.

Lindsay Z said...

OH! We're sick over here too. I'm glad I'm not pregnant! (That's not helpful...) Good luck cousin!

Cami said...

Hope you get better soon! That is no fun, especially when pregnant.

It was fun to see those pictures of them when they are so small. It's crazy how we forget so quickly how much they have changed!

DeAnn said...

Get well soon! This spring is so lame so far!!