Everyone keeps saying how it's been so exciting to watch a 'real' fairy tale with a Prince and Princess....and it IS exciting! But it has gotten me thinking. When it comes down to it, none of that matters unless a marriage is sealed in the temple to last beyond death. It's a fairy tale on earth and to the public eye, but living happily ever after isn't a reality for them.
It is for me and MY prince though. In the temple, we even learn that we will literally become kings and queens of our own kingdoms. We will rule and reign together. Forever.
The other day, I somehow stumbled onto the heartbreaking blog of a widow who had lost her husband. She wrote about how she had to go to the social security office to do some paperwork, and they gave her a certificate that said, "Marriage ended by death - November 2009" (or whatever the date was). She said it was the worst moment of her life, seeing those words. I can't even imagine.
So as the world looks on in awe at Kate and William...I sit here with my simple, unknown, common life and honestly can't help but feel a million times more lucky than Kate. MY fairy tale is real. My marriage will never end with death. Nate and I ARE royalty. The world may not notice who we are, but we know who we are. Sons and daughters of a King. ALL of us are. All of us need Christ's atonement. In the Lord's eyes, ALL of us are royalty. All of us our equal in His eyes. All of us can accept Christ's Gospel into our lives and enter the temple doors to be joined together for time and all eternity...not until death do us part.
Roo just walked by me singing, "I am a Child of God." She knows exactly who she is. And she's right. She IS a princess. A beautiful one.
This dude is royalty too. Life would be pretty entertaining if he ran his own kingdom....oh wait, he already does....my house!!!
Dear Prince Cameron & Princess Allison (and Royal Fetus),
The world isn't going to teach you that you are royalty. You won't hear it from television or celebrities or even most of your friends and teachers.
But your mom and dad know that you are royalty. You mean more to us and to God than you will ever know. The world is going to try and convince you that you need possessions and money and beauty to be happy and to be noticed and loved. But that's just not true. Please remember that.
Being 'Royal' doesn't mean having a castle or a palace or servants or nice clothes. Being royal means NOT having those things, but still knowing every single day that you are loved and have the potential to become like our Heavenly Father.
Daddy and I love you both so much. You are both so full of talents and have such amazing potential to do anything you want with your lives. Stay close to us. Stay close to each other (& baby too!). Stay very close to the Lord, and we promise you will always be happy in this life and for eternities to come.


3 comments:
My guilty pleasure is watching Say Yes to the Dress. I don't know why I love it so much! Every once in a while a bride will say her wedding is taking place in some amazing venue and I almost feel a twinge of jealousy. But then I think that no amount of money spent on a wedding is worth more than what I have. Too many people want a perfect wedding day. I want a marriage and like you said, in the temple it can last forever!
Oh I love that show too, Tristan! I always tell Nate that if I could, I'd wear a completely different wedding dress than I did (even though I loved my dress). And I'm always a little jealous of those wedding on the beach...totally what I would have done if getting married in the temple wasn't the MOST important thing about 2/3/05!! :)
Thanks for the reminder. :)
Post a Comment