I keep telling myself I'm going to start writing on here as more of a daily journal, but I never really do that. Hopefully I can do better! It'll probably be pretty boring to read (I ramble a lot, so I always think my blog is boring for other people!), but I really want to record more of my simple, daily life so I can remember.
Daylight savings has really messed up Cam and Roo's sleeping, so they keep waking up before 7. Luckily they usually just watch tv until we get up. Claire slept 13 hours straight last night. I haven't had to nurse her in the middle of the night for about a week now, so I think we're in business! Her daytime naps are usually pretty short and erratic, but today she napped right at 9 and right at 1, which is the exact schedule I want her on. Allie and Cam both fell into that schedule beautifully around 4 months, so I wasn't too worried about getting Claire to do the same. My favorite moment of the day is going in to get her in the mornings. She is so excited to see me, and she starts smiling and kicking her legs and wiggling her whole body. It's so stinkin' cute.
Today was really fun. Staci and I took the girls up to the Bakery this morning for treats. We finished just in time to grab the boys from the bus stop, then we fed everyone lunch. We spent the afternoon just hanging out. The kids all just run back and forth between both apartments and outside. We took some nail polish outside, so now all of the little girls in the Court who were playing outside this afternoon have hot pink nails! Including me. Ha! I don't think I've painted my nails since I was maybe 10? Staci and I were cracking up. I love that we can just be complete dorks together.
Tyler and Nate both have late nights on Mondays, so Staci and I always make dinner together. Definitely makes Mondays easier on both of us. Tonight we made butternut squash soup with herb bread and homemade dark chocolate pudding. Oh my heavens, was it good!! We were pretty proud of ourselves!
Tonight I sat down with Cam before bed and read with him. I am completely in awe at how much he has learned and progressed in just a few months of being in school. He can read so many words now, and he gets better and better at sounding out new words. It's rare for Cam to sit still, so I really enjoy getting to snuggle up with him for a few minutes in the evenings. Tonight we read "Duck on a Bike", which is such a cute book.
Well, I'm off to bed, so tired! I didn't take any pictures today, so here is a picture of Claire from yesterday. Thanks Grandma Robyn for the cute outfit!
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago


2 comments:
OH!! Duck on a Bike! One of our favorites too!!!
I love this post! I think hearing about day to day is sometimes the best- especially when you are printing your blog into a book each year! My favorite part of this post was your description of going to get Claire in the morning, and her reaction to seeing you- I seriously said, "awwww!!!!" out loud! Too cute! I am glad you found a Monday buddy! That sounds fun!
Post a Comment