Friday, December 30, 2011

End of Year Bugs

The past few days have been sort of lame.  We all have colds, which is never fun.  We are all going stir crazy!  I came down with mastitis on Wednesday too.  That is the worst!  It's amazing how fast it comes on and how horrible it makes you feel!  Sadly, I was expecting to get it at some point, since I got it so many times with Roo, so I already had a prescription on hold waiting for me.  I like to get on antibiotics FAST with that, so I feel better quicker.  Luckily Nate was able to take some time off work and help me out.  Feeling a little better today, thank goodness!

Speaking of that, Claire has been nursing NONSTOP the past few days.  She usually eats on one side about every 3 hours.  For the past few days, she has been nursing on both sides about every 2 hours.  It never ceases to amaze me how breastfeeding works and how perfectly the baby and mother can work together as baby's needs change.  I can't believe she'll be starting solids in just a month!!

Michelle and Sam are both still in town, so last night we went with to Desert Star.  I LOVE their plays, so much fun!  At the end, the cast always sings a bunch of songs.  Last night, all of the guys came out in tutus and danced to Nutcracker music.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!  So hilarious.

Relaxing today and getting my house back in order before we head to Salem for the long weekend.  I am meeting my dear friend, Lesley, today for the first time, and I am so excited!  More on that later.  Nate is having Sam and Andrew over tonight for a video game party.  He bought a Kinnect with his Christmas money, and it is really cool. 


Claire does this hilarious thing where she'll grab our noses and squeal really loud.  It makes Cameron practically fall over with laughter! 



3 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

My nephew does the same thing when he grabs our noses, except he pinches mine and it hurts! Lol

Jenn said...

oh my heck, that last picture of Claire melts my heart!! SOOO cute!

Sorry about all the sickies! That is no fun at all! I hope you're all feeling better now!

Happy New Year!

DeAnn said...

What a doll! Glad you're feeling better.