Saturday, April 14, 2012

Color Dash 5K

This morning was the Color Dash 5K (well, they changed the title last minute to the Neon Run, but I don't like that name!!).  We got there JUST in time for it to start.  It was a little chilly, but I'm glad I didn't dress any warmer.  We ran twice around Liberty Park, which is actually a tad longer than a 5K.  I ran pretty slow, but I was able to run the whole thing!  There were volunteers at 5 stations throughout the loop that had buckets of colored powder.  One guy threw powder SO hard at me, it went down my shirt and in my mouth and was all caked in my armpit cuz I put my hand up to protect myself!  It was so fun!  I was grateful that Nate came to support me, I loved seeing him and Cam along the way!!  Sarah joined Staci and me for the 2nd lap, which made it even that much more fun!  They kept me going!

I am NOT one of those people who look all cute and glamorous when I run, but here you go!  Me and my bestie!  :)






1 comment:

TeElle said...

I didn't know anyone could look glamorous when they run, but you sure look cute! Good job running!