Friday, March 22, 2013

The Biggest Decision

A few weeks ago, Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis came to speak to us for Stake Conference.

First of all, he was hilarious.  Definitely the funniest General Authority I think I've ever heard.  He would crack himself up, and then we'd all be laughing.  

Anyway, Nate and I were able to attend the Saturday evening Adult Session.  Elder Aidukaitis spoke for over an hour on the 3 Kingdoms of Glory.  It was AMAZING!!  That is a topic of our Gospel that we obviously don't know too much about.  But he spent an hour in the Doctrine & Covenants discussing each Kingdom.  I learned so much about God's love for His children.  He has prepared Kingdoms for us that we can't even comprehend.  Even the Terrestrial Kingdom will be a place we cannot comprehend now...which means that God loves us SO much that he even prepared an unimaginable Kingdom for those children who choose NOT to follow Him or keep His commandments.  I still don't understand the Telestial and Terrestrial Kingdoms perfectly, I don't believe that we are meant to.  BUT I know that God loves us, no matter how we live our lives.

But that said, how we live our lives WILL determine where we end up.

He talked about how all of us (in our Stake), are in that tough time of life where we are students, we are poor, we are making big decisions, we have young children, etc etc.  It's hard.

But then he said something that made the biggest impact on me:

"Go home tonight and decide NOW which Kingdom you want to end up in.  That is the biggest decision you will ever make.  And really, it is the ONLY decision you need to make.  Because once that decision is made,  EVERYTHING else in your life will be dependent on that decision."

Once you decide which Kingdom you want to go to, the answers to almost every question has been decided.
-Should we pay our tithing this month?
Well, which Kingdom did you decide on?  If it was the Celestial, then there is no question.  Pay it.

-Should I go Visiting Teaching this month or go to that meeting?
Well, which Kingdom did you decide on?  If was the Terestrial, then you probably don't need to go.  But if it was the Celestial, than you WILL be there.

-I'm tired, maybe I'll just save my Book of Mormon reading for tomorrow....
Well, which Kingdom did you decide on?  If it was the Celestial, than taking a few minutes to read shouldn't be an issue.

Does this make sense?  Well, it did to me.  And I love it.  It is making me a better wife, mother, Primary teacher, friend, etc.  EVERY decision I make during the day, whether it's how I spend my time, how I talk to my children, etc, is easier to make now that I've chosen the Celestial Kingdom.

No comments: