Several weeks ago, I decided to get a movie called "The Spirit of the Marathon" at my library. I hadn't seen it before, and I knew it would pump me up and motivate me. I threw a post on RA jokingly that said, "Who wants to come over for a movie night?" Well, my little inquiry turned into a big dinner party at Robert Merriman's house over the weekend. It was a complete blast!
We had Indian food and salads and desserts. Chicken curry, saag paneer and naan. I could not stop eating! It was so fun to see and visit with everyone. Susette had some games for us to play, and they were HILARIOUS. This group is so great. The Merriman's house was gorgeous. It was sweet of them to host our crazy bunch!
The movie was awesome. It follows six people along their journey to run the 2005 Chicago Marathon. I had to hold back tears when I watched them each cross that finish line. That moment of crossing that finish line is what I think about every single day right now. It's going to be incredible.
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago


4 comments:
I still feel bad for poor Daniel. The only person who didn't have an enjoyable outcome ...
Best Party Ever! What a great rowdy, fun group to be a part of. You will be amazing in your marathon! I hope you have some tissue with you when you cross the finish line. I cried at mine.
Awesome! Your so inspiring!
Loved having everyone at our house. Hope we can do it again sometime in the future! So looking forward to seeing you cross the finish line at Ogden!
Post a Comment