Back in 1999, I went to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. One of my roommates was a girl named Merilee, from Colorado. In a matter of weeks, we realized that we were actually sisters and became the bestest of friends that anyone could be.
In 1999, Merilee and I started writing things down that made us laugh. In less than 2 years, the List reached #704.
After college, we'd call each other. She kept the "master copy", so we'd take turns picking a random number, and then she'd find the number and we'd fall over laughing about whatever it was. After my mission, she told me she had a birthday present for me. She had taken our list, typed up every single item, and made this scrapbook for me. I just cried. I don't think I've ever loved a gift so much!! We've since added to the list, usually atleast 1 or 2 more every time we hang out. We're up to over 900 now!
I'd try to explain some of them to you....but for 99% of them, you just had to be there! When Nate met her husband, Josh, for the first time, Erm & I were laughing so hard about something that we couldn't talk. Josh just looked at Nate and said, "I learned the hard way that when these two are together, just don't even try to ask what's going on....."
So Ermie....pick a number!!
(Ermie, call me, because #703 is hilarious....and I can't stop laughing! So is #264 and #599.)









13 comments:
TURDLE
#356
Whiskey, Coke, and Breastmilk
I miss you!
Anything regarding Melissa Joan Hart in "Drive Me Crazy."...
"They're taking the whole thing!" -Sharon talking to her friend on the phone when she saw us taking the entire brownie pan downstairs!
"We should be getting paid for this." -Cuz we thought we worked at a preschool...haha I'm laughing!
"I woke up and there were lines EVERYWHERE!!"
I LOVE THIS!!! I want to do it too! What an uplifting and inspiring idea!!
LOVE it! I used to do this with my roomates and companions. That sadly I don't really keep in touch with anymore.
Oh my gosh, yall are hilarious!
I know DeAnn, I should have given you credit, because you started making laugh lists first! I've made them with LOTS of my friends, but this one definitely is the most out of control!!!
My friends and I cam up with a "Happy Thoughts" list back in 9th grade! It was a lot of fun when I found the list just last year!
What an AWESOME idea and a GREAT gift! She obviously put a lot of thought, work, and love into that present! You have a very special friend...
The tiny, random Mormon gift shop.
"Yeah ya do, fatty!"
"Lab like you've never labbed before!"
What an amazing idea!!! I think I might actually grab a notebook and start to do this for Kurt and I- what a perfect gift for us when we are empty nesters! Thanks for the share, Becca- I am going to steal your ideas!
Post a Comment