Last night I had a dream that we had a beautiful baby boy. He had thick, dark hair and looked a lot like his siblings. Nate wrote on Facebook, "It's a boy!" along with his name and weight (just like he'll do in real life). I held my baby and couldn't stop staring into his face because he was so beautiful. It was a really happy dream, and I woke up wishing I was due today.
I can't wait to nurse a baby again. Even though nursing is by far the hardest part of pregnancy/delivery/newborn-ness for me, when we settle into a routine (usually after about 8-10 weeks of misery and leaking like a fire hydrant and suffering through mastitis), it becomes my absolute most favorite thing in the whole world. I want to nurse this baby longer than I did my first two. We are in no rush for a fourth baby, if we even have one, so I'm going to savor every day I get to nurse and snuggle and smell this baby.
I'm just already so, so in love...
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago


3 comments:
:) Your little one will be here soon enough. Your post made me smile.
Nursing is one of my favourites about babies too. I nursed James until about a month past his 2nd birthday and Jeremy just hit 20 months and is still happily enjoying cuddling for a feed in the early hours of the morning (read 5am-ish) and at bedtime! I savour it for as long as I can...
Hopefully the last half of your pregnancy will be wonderful and you will be enjoying your new baby very soon. I just can't wait to read Nate's announcement on Facebook when the time comes... will he announce it on your page as well???
Yes, he'll definitely post on my fb page too when Baby arrives!!!
Post a Comment